Sunday, February 12, 2012

My New Sewing Machine Cover

My sewing machine lives in a cold basement. Usually, I don't cover it when not in use and recently when my machine went in to get serviced, I asked about the cold and I was recommended to keep my machine covered when not in use.

I decided to make a lazy patch work cover. Basically, I measured my machine and cut out the dimensions from muslin. To try it for fit, I sewed it together and tried it on and it was a pretty good fit. I ripped out the stitches, ironed on some fusible web and went to town with all my scraps. Each piece was randomly placed, the only thing that I planned was measuring and cutting pieces to fit, like a jig saw puzzle. For the lining, I took some brown fabric, spray glued on some insul-brite and quilted it on.

Finished cover


I even cut a notch out for the cord on the side. 


Detailed shot

I think it came out pretty good and I'm very happy that my sewing machine will not be cold anymore.

How do you think it came out? Do you like my new cover? Please let me know.

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments: