Thursday, February 2, 2012

How to Close a Bag of Frozen Veggies

Frozen veggies are great to have in your freezer, they come in very handy when you need extra veggies in your meal or if you need to make a quick side dish. The veggies are frozen immediately after picking and processing so you know it's pretty fresh. The problem is tho, that I never use the whole bag at one time and there's always about a half a bag left after taking what I need. Instead of storing the remainder of the bag in a container or another plastic bag, I just store it in its original bag. Here's how I do it:


When you cut the bag open, cut about 1/2" below the top and 1/2 way across the bag. You want to have 1/2 of it still attached - I'm holding the tail. 



After taking what you need, gather and hold the top in your hands.



Now, take the tail and wrap it around the gather you just made . . . 


and tuck the tail under the wrap - kinda like tying a balloon.


You should now have a sealed bag that's ready to go back in the freezer for the next time you need it.


The bag closes well, it doesn't seal, but keeps things from going in and coming out. This works great for other bagged foods as well. As long as the bag is soft and pliable, you can do this trick. This will save you from finding a container or plastic bag for storage. 

Happy Tying!!


Comments or questions are always welcomed. I would love to hear what you think of this tip or any of my other posts. Thanks!

2 comments:

Dawn Mahi said...

Nice! I totally do this all the time since you taught me so long ago!

Dawn

Faith said...

Awesome Dawn, it saves the hassle of finding a twist tie or zip top baggie.