Here is a yummy recipe I made the other night with just sausage, eggs and cheese, it was real easy to put together.
1 lb. ground pork
1 tsp. fennel seeds (I grind mine to powder form for better flavor)
Herbs of choice
1/4 tsp. salt
several grinds of pepper
- In a bowl, place all ingredients and mix.
- Let sit for half hour or so to let flavors marry.
- Use as desired or make some Sausage and Egg Cups.
- To make meatballs - roll into balls and bake at 425 for 25 minutes.
Sausage and Egg Cup Recipe
- Preheat over to 425.
- Using about 3/4 pounds of homemade or store bought sausage, place a little into a 6 cup muffin tin sprayed with cooking oil. Place muffin tin on a *foil lined rimmed cookie sheet.
- Spread evenly on the bottom and up the sides of each cup, don't make it too thick.
- Crack an egg in each cup and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- I put a good pinch of cheese on top of each egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until egg is cooked as desired.
- Serve hot.
I used just over 3/4 pounds of sausage and had a little leftover, so I made meatballs with the rest. If you use a 12 cup muffin tin, you could probably stretch 1 pound of sausage.
* I did have spillage from the eggs and did not line my cookie sheet - the baked on egg was very hard to remove.