Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dessert for One

**I am sorry - the pics for this post was accidentally deleted and cannot be retrieved**

-- Note: this is a 2fer recipe - I'm giving you 2 recipes in this post --

I found this easy peasy gluten free (gf), flour free cookie recipe on a FaceBook post from Madona Edgar, using nut butter. You take 1 cup of any nut butter of your choice, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 egg (I used Ener-G Replacer) and 1 tsp. vanilla. You mix all the ingredients and place small balls onto your parchment paper lined cookie sheet - press them flat, don't make them too thick or they'll come out hard. You can sprinkle with extra sugar if you like, then bake 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees f. Let cool and for long term storage, you can store in a zip bag in your freezer to make this dessert as needed.

I came up with a very simple dessert for one person (or more if you like) that's very easy to make. It takes only 3 ingredients:

1 homemade gluten free cookie (can use the recipe I found or one of your own)
a spritz of whipped cream from a can
some toasted almonds

Place your cookie on a plate. Spritz on some whipped cream. Top with some toasted almonds. That's it. See I told you it was easy.

To make this real decadent, I put a square of dark chocolate on the cookie and I melted it in my microwave for a several of seconds. My cookie was frozen, so I mic'd it at 30 second intervals. It took just over a minute, but don't use that as a gauge - the next time I did it for a straight minute, I walked away and there was a stinky, smokey mess. If your cookie is frozen, mic it at 30 second intervals and don't walk away (learn from my mistake). An unfrozen cookie would probably take about 20-30 seconds.

This recipe could be made using a store bought gf cookie, but why? Treat yourself, take the time to make the cookie recipe (which is so easy) and then make the dessert. I think you'll like it as much as I do.

Now . . . let's have some dessert!!


: -) !!!




No comments: