Monday, June 20, 2011

Easy Strawberry Sauce Recipe

Yummy!

Yesterday was Father's Day and in honor of that, I made this cheesecake (using gf ginger snaps for crust). In the past, I've made the NY style cheesecake & it was so dense that my daughter & I could only eat 1 piece of it. While at our favorite restaurant T's, in Port Townsend, WA recently, we had this cheesecake that was so light and creamy. While this cheesecake isn't as light, it was not as dense as the NY one I used to make. I decided that this needed a sauce, so I decided to make a strawberry sauce for it. I always have frozen strawberries in my freezer to make a quick frozen dessert and made this very simple sauce.

1 c. of frozen chopped strawberries
1 tb. plus 1/2 of 1 tb. of sugar

I sprayed some oil in a small sauce pan and placed both ingredients in. I cooked the strawberries down till they were soft. I removed the pan from the heat and used an immersion blender to blend the strawberries till the consistency I liked. I chopped 1 fresh strawberry and mixed it in. Lemon juice can be added for extra flavor. This can be served cold or warm.

The amount of sugar made this sauce not too sweet. This recipe could be doubled and can be used on ice cream or chocolate cake as well.

Enjoy!

No comments: