Here is the first attempt. It measures 7 ¼” x 4 ½”. The card pocket wasn’t long enough for the cards to be placed side by side.
The third attempt - measures 8” x 4 ½”. I made it bigger, but messed up on the pockets. I ditched it, which is why it’s unfinished. I was trying to make the card pocket so the cards went in head first.
The fourth attempt - measures 8” x 4 ½”, I got the pockets right and everything fits! The cards go in head first and there’s plenty of head room to zip it up. As I was doing the final touches to it, I realized that it is fairly large - not sure if someone would want to carry around something that large, so I redid it again.
Tada!! The fifth and final try - measures 7 x 4 ½”. This is perfect, not too big and not too small and I can get everything I want in it. I could probably put my cell phone in there too along with the coins.
Here are other pics to show off it's details:
|Card pocket: left side has 12 cards - right side has 6 cards|
|Unfolded bills and coins|
|Boxed corners make the inside roomy|
|Hand painted bead helps to make a nice zipper pull|
**Check out what others are saying about my Pursellet here.
Here's a comparison between the small and large pursellet so you can see the difference:
|Small is 6" x 3-1/2"/Large is 7" x 4-1/2"|
So, after about 4 days of thinking and reconfiguring, I have a large pursellet. I need to make more because these will definitely be up for sale - but first, I need to go buy more zippers!