Sunday, June 5, 2011

Gardening Scare

Mr. Frog

Yesterday, I bought some strawberries to plant in my strawberry planter. I was using this potting soil which I had opened about a couple of weeks ago and had it laid on top of another bag of potting soil. I had the opening partially closed with some branches. I was using a small 4” round pot as a scoop to get out the soil and place in the pot. There are about 12 holes in the pot and I was on the 4th or 5th hole when I scooped out this frog! It scared the crap out of me. I immediately dropped him (I’m surprised I didn’t scream) and I got up and ran upstairs where Jim was eating his lunch to tell him. My heart was racing and I had that creeped out feeling. I told him that I would wait for as long as it took for him to go down and remove the frog and see if there were others in the bag - I was prepared to just leave everything as is and go do something else. He was done with his lunch and kindly went down to take care of Mr. Frog for me. He tried to catch it, but he got away. I don’t know how he got in the bag or if he came in the bag, but that was something I never want to go through again.

Thanks for reading.


Comments or questions are always welcomed. I would love to hear what you think of this post or any of my other posts. Thanks!

No comments: